Effective Date: 01/09/2020 (Version 1.0)
- Who are we?
- We are M Barbering Limited trading as “George the Barber” We own and operate this website, https://www.george-the-barber.co.uk.
- What’s the point of this Privacy Statement?
- This Privacy Statement tells you how we deal with your “personal data” (i.e. technical term for information about any identified or identifiable living person). Please read on to find out what kinds of personal data we collect, how we use and protect it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and how you can access and rectify it.
- Please do not use our website unless you are completely happy with this Privacy Statement.
- Might the Privacy Statement change?
- It may well do. When we update our Privacy Statement, we update the effective date at the top of this page. We will assume you agree to the revised Privacy Statement if you use the website after the effective date shown at the top of the Privacy Statement.
- What personal or other data do we collect?
- We collect and store the information which you give us via forms on our website or apps – such as your name, address, email address, phone number (“contact data“) – or when communicating with us by email, or in some other way.
- While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
- We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
- We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
- When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- We also collect and store your IP address (“customer behaviour data“) to improve your shopping experience by suggesting suitable products for you.
- Under GDPR, we will use the lawful basis of “contractual”, where we use contact and payment data to fulfil orders. When we use contact, or customer behaviour data for marketing reasons, the lawful basis will be “consent”, or “legitimate interest”. If you would like further information, please contact us using the details within this privacy statement.
- How do we use your personal data?
- We use “contact data” to provide our services: e.g. send service messages, communicate to you about your account/orders and to fulfil orders.
- If you have given permission, we may use your “contact data” to send you marketing emails, mails, calls or SMS with details of our, or third party goods or services which may be of interest to you, including information about special offers or promotions.
- We use “payment information” to process payments and refunds.
- We retain your data during a period of 36 months after the last order. We do that to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and take other actions as permitted by law. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
6. Who on our team has access to your data?
- Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds, and support you.
- How do we protect personal data?
- Security is a high priority for us. We take appropriate precautions to protect personal data. We will make every effort to look after your data and treat it with the respect it deserves.
- Your data will not be transferred, stored, and/or processed outside the EEA.
- To whom do we disclose personal data?
- We may allow access to your personal data by third parties who supply us with a service. Examples include e-commerce platform providers, couriers (to enable delivery of goods), website hosts, content delivery networks and businesses which assist us in undertaking communications, monitoring, testing, or improving our website
- We may share your payment information (including your email address) with Stripe or PayPal to process the payments of your orders and any potential refund.
- Your personal data may be supplied by our payment partners to relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
- If you choose to opt-in to receive third party communications from selected partners, your personal data will be shared to relevant third parties to allow you to receive tailored communications about products that may be of interest to you.
- We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if there has been a complaint about content posted by you, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
- How to access and control your information?
- You have the right to request a copy of your information, to rectify your information, to opt out from marketing communications and to request the deletion of your information. Below, we describe the processes for making these requests.
- Update/rectify your information: You can easily correct/change the following personal information on “My Account” page by logging in to your account on our website or apps:
- first name and last name
- phone number
- email address
- delivery address
- billing address
- Access your information: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Contact us for this request: click here.
- For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, see the website of the UK Information Commissioner.
- You can report any concern to the ICO by clicking here.
Effective Date: 01/09/2020 (Version 1.0)
- What about cookies?
- Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: allaboutcookies.org.
- Cookies are used on this website for the following purposes:
- Session cookies: We use session cookies to enable the website to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections, so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. These cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of the website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, the session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out.
- Google Analytics (“GA”) cookies: Google sets persistent cookies (up to two years) to recognize and count the number of website visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the website and what sites the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. Click herefor more information about GA cookies. Click here to opt out of GA cookies.
- Google advertising cookies (AdSense, Doubleclick): Google uses persistent advertising cookies (up to two years) in connection with Google advertising on our website to serve ads to you based on your visits to this and other websites and for various other purposes. Click herefor more information and to opt out of Google’s advertising cookies.
- Social media cookies: We may use various social media and other third party features on our website including likebutton from Facebook, follow button from Twitter), Pin It button from Pinterest, embed button from YouTube, These features may involve the relevant companies using cookies or linking your visit with cookies previously placed by them on your computer in order for them to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with their services or otherwise. Click the links shown above for further information about the specific features and those companies’ cookie / privacy practices generally as well as to opt out where this is possible.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- By continuing to use our website, we assume that you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.
Great product, have been using for years now. Smells really nice, and gives hair a nice body and hold but can still run hand through hair
Really good product… I used to use American Crew but not anymore as this is so much kinder on the hair, easier to wash out and easier to put in!
Best shampoo I’ve tried. Can use it everyday without it drying out my hair. And good for my beard, too, leaving it soft and manageable.
This works great, fresh clean feeling and after suffering many months of a dry scalp it has got rid of this completely.